thinkSMALL Child Protection Strategy:
Mobilizing The Church
1. Mobilizing the Church To Protect Children
- Delivery: Interactive workshop with PowerPoint presentation for leaders and congregants (1 day)
- Purpose: thinkSMALL trains churches to understand and commit to the scriptural mandates to honor, protect and empower children against exploiters and traffickers.
- Scriptures include: 2 Cor 5:17, Romans 12:2, Matthew 18:6, Psalm 78:4-8, Matthew 21:16
2. Christian-based Child's Rights Charter
- Delivery: Interactive workshop with PowerPoint presentation for church leaders (1 day).
- Purpose: thinkSMALL trains churches to understand the Biblical Rights of Children (supported by scripture and compatible with the key elements of the United Nation’s CRC). Churches sign the charter, promote it to their leaders and congregation, and hang a framed version in highly visible location.
3. Child Empowerment Training
- Delivery: Interactive PowerPoint and Video for leaders, parents (1 Day)
- Purpose: thinkSMALL trains churches how to train children to understand abuse, identify and report potential or current traffickers and abusers within and outside of families (includes internet safety training).
(Source: 3-3-5 Strategy + CEOP UK, thinkSMALL)
4. Christian-based Child Protection Policy
- Delivery: Interactive training with downloadable template (1 day)
- Purpose: thinkSMALL will train churches to develop their own child protection policy. PowerPoint slides and interactive discussion. Churches will begin process of writing policy with assistance from Child Protection Departments of various Christian organizations.